20 February, 2012

!!

Recently I was going through some old
pictures and realized that just two years ago my DUP (delayed pressure
urticaria) was not as prevalent in my life. Flashback to December 2008; My
wedding day I wore a lovely silk gown and heels
all night. As I flipped through pictures I noticed how happy I was. There were
no signs of discomfort or pain in any of the pictures. How did I do it? Now, if
I wore heels for an hour I would not be able to walk at all the next day or so.
So what has happen within the past few years that I have gone from a cat
walking diva to a cane driven grandma?

I have gain a few pounds since then so could the extra
weight on my body be too much for my feet? It sounds crazy but I have no other
explanation. I am so sensitive now that I can’t sit on hard surfaces for too
long or I will get hives on my butt. Perhaps I need to pull out some more
photos and reminisce to the good ole days where I could dance in heels all
night.
It’s so easy to feel sorry for yourself and
down about life. Nothing comes easy and life is a huge struggle but I learned a
very valuable lesson the other day. I was reminded that we have to count our
                                                                                                              blessings, good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment